The Long Beach Accelerator staff is a team of skilled innovators and entrepreneurs with the hands-on experience and industry expertise needed to help you grow your business.
Meet Our Staff
Andrea is an accomplished senior executive, serial entrepreneur, advisor, board member, startup mentor, and thought leader with more than 20 years of business success in diverse industries and verticals. She is passionate about creating successful companies and making existing ones better. Companies led by Andrea have generated double and triple-digit growth, every year, for the last 15 years of her caree
Through her work in her companies and mentoring startups, she has built a network of entrepreneurs, angel investors, family offices, accelerators, early stage VC, high net worth individuals, and service provider partners, and has significant experience sourcing quality technology startup companies and participating in due diligence processes. In addition, Andrea has served as a guest lecturer, giving presentations at global conferences, universities, and councils.
- Andrea and her family are proud 17-year residents of Long Beach
- Currently serves as an Innovation Advisor at UCI’s Beall School of Applied Innovation and as is a Commissioner on the City of Long Beach’s Technology and Innovation Commission; and has served as a member of the Women’s Presidents Organization.
- Achieved recognition as the Long Beach Press-Telegram’s “Woman of the Year” as well as Chapman University’s “An Entrepreneur Making a Difference.”
- Andrea’s companies have been featured in Businessweek, USA Today, and Fast Company
- She holds a Bachelor of Arts in International Business from Saint Cloud State University and an Executive MBA from the University of Southern California (USC)
Director of Innovation, Programming, & Partnerships
Joy collaborates with founders, multi-stage investors, c-suite industry experts, and other stakeholders to inclusively source, launch, and fund tech startups. Joy is an experienced founder herself, an investment evaluator, and an advisor to high growth, innovative companies across sectors. Prior to forming her own boutique advisory, she served clients at LEK Consulting and Mitchell Madison Group where she was an engagement manager. Joy has extensive experience advising companies across geographies from M&A and strategic planning to process improvement and supply chain management.
Joy recently served as an adjunct assistant professor at Columbia Business School. At Columbia, Joy developed curriculum and taught the impact venture incubator course to MBAs, students, and alumni from across Columbia’s top ranked schools and programs (2021-22: 29 ventures incubated and over 75 ventures advised). Sectors included: Health/Wellness, Climate Impact/Environmental Sustainability, UrbanTech/Smart Cities, FinTech, InsurTech, FoodTech/AgriTech, EdTech/CivTech, Journalism/New Media, Real Estate/Construction, Shipping Logistics, and Economic/Digital Inclusivity.
Joy advises on innovation strategy, business modeling, customer discovery, MVPs/prototyping, product/market fit, go to market strategy, fundraising/investor presentations, partnerships, operations, and financial forecasting.
- Joy is a native of Long Beach.
- Joy holds a MBA in Finance from Columbia Business School, a MSc in International History from the Long School of Economics, and a BA in Economics from the University of California at Berkeley.
Jame (Janelle) Cronk
Program and Operations Manager
As an entrepreneur, Jame seeks to solve societal dilemmas through strategic innovation, matching her passion for addressing communal needs with business acumen. A dedicated human rights advocate, Jame’s intersectional work has addressed issues spanning gender and sexuality rights, racial justice, social and economic equity, environmental activism, and voting rights. With an interdisciplinary background in gender studies, human rights, and global business, Jame brings a unique and needed perspective to conversations of innovation and entrepreneurship.
Jame is a strategic thinker that deals in nuance and impact, understanding that minor details can have a major impact on outcome. Jame has expertise in web design, graphic design, event planning and strategic communications. Prior to joining the Long Beach Accelerator, Jame worked as a National Organizing Manager overseeing 300+ organizations’ advocacy efforts nationwide.
- Originally from Southern California, Jame has called Long Beach home since 2020.
- Rotary Global Grant Recipient for Peace and Conflict Resolution
- Holds a Master of Science with Distinction from the London School of Economics and Political Science
- Earned a Bachelor of Science in Global Business from the University of Redlands spending time abroad in England and Peru
Are you an expert or leader in your field? Join us.
We welcome experts and leaders from all industries and sectors to become mentors; as well as investors and partners to support our companies.